Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Valve Body for a 4L60E?

Where can I get a manual valve body for a 4L60E and how much are they? TIA
Old 12-03-2003, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Where can I get a manual valve body for a 4L60E and how much are they? TIA
THE PLACE I GOT MINE FROM WAS A PLACE IN CALIFORNIA CALLED PROBUILT TRANSMISSIONS.FULL KIT WITH VACUM MODULATOR AND ALL ABOUT 170 BUCKS SHIPPED.FIND A GOOD TRANS SHOP THOUGH I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MINE ALREADY.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Magic,

Do you happen to have their number? I tried to find a web site but the one I found was for a tranny shop in Conneticut. TIA.

Originally Posted by blkmgc1
THE PLACE I GOT MINE FROM WAS A PLACE IN CALIFORNIA CALLED PROBUILT TRANSMISSIONS.FULL KIT WITH VACUM MODULATOR AND ALL ABOUT 170 BUCKS SHIPPED.FIND A GOOD TRANS SHOP THOUGH I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MINE ALREADY.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

TransGo makes a shift kit that converts the stock valve body to full manual. Look on their website for part number.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

FLP did a manual valve body conversion for Rich A. on here, I forget what he posts but if you ask FLP they can give you some info. Rich was the silver Z at Thunder that was racing from Illinois.

Mitch@flp2win.com
Old 12-06-2003, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Magic,

Do you happen to have their number? I tried to find a web site but the one I found was for a tranny shop in Conneticut. TIA.
18007763288 heres the link.see ya. http://www.pro-built.net/
Old 12-06-2003, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Magic,

He definitely has the best price I've seen on the kit so far. My tranny is at the builders right now getting the 2-3 clutch pack and band replaced and the T brake installed. When it comes back we will install the manual valve body then it's off to the track for some testing.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Magic,

He definitely has the best price I've seen on the kit so far. My tranny is at the builders right now getting the 2-3 clutch pack and band replaced and the T brake installed. When it comes back we will install the manual valve body then it's off to the track for some testing.
let me know how that comes out and where they hooked up the vacum line foe the vacum modulator.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Magic,

I answered your question in another thread but you might have missed it so here it is again. We plummed the vacuum line off the #3 line coming off the brake booster going towards the passenger side of the car right at the firewall. We cut the vacuum line and plummed in a "T" fitting using the vertical portion of the T for the vacuum for the modulator. The car is in the shop now or I'd take a couple of pictures for you but I'm sure someone else has done it the same way and could get you a picture.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Magic,

I answered your question in another thread but you might have missed it so here it is again. We plummed the vacuum line off the #3 line coming off the brake booster going towards the passenger side of the car right at the firewall. We cut the vacuum line and plummed in a "T" fitting using the vertical portion of the T for the vacuum for the modulator. The car is in the shop now or I'd take a couple of pictures for you but I'm sure someone else has done it the same way and could get you a picture.
thanks man i keep you guys in mind when it's done to let ya know all is in oz.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Call Chuck @ FLP. Very nice work on mine.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

What converter do you have and does it have a lock up clutch or not? Thanks

Originally Posted by Silvr98z28
Call Chuck @ FLP. Very nice work on mine.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would also like to know the converter issue. i am going to build a 4l80e with a man valve body and maybe a t brake if i can find one. but i want to be able to run a lock up converter. so i would like to know how you did this. i was thinking worst care i could put a man switch.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Well from what I'm beginning to understand you don't want to use a lock up clutch because of the high pressures developed in the converter during a high RPM launch on the T brake. Supposedly the pressure raises so rapidly it can damage the lock up clutch portion of the converter but without it you don't have to worry. I'm sending my SS3800 back to Yank and have them take out the lock up clutch.

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
i would also like to know the converter issue. i am going to build a 4l80e with a man valve body and maybe a t brake if i can find one. but i want to be able to run a lock up converter. so i would like to know how you did this. i was thinking worst care i could put a man switch.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

so i guess i will have to live with out a t-brake that is ok cause i have been told a t-brake can not be had for a 4l80e. i am trying to keep the truck streetable cause it is a daily driver. now if i would just figure out how the converter is going to know when to lock up.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
so i guess i will have to live with out a t-brake that is ok cause i have been told a t-brake can not be had for a 4l80e. i am trying to keep the truck streetable cause it is a daily driver. now if i would just figure out how the converter is going to know when to lock up.
what i have been told is with a switch that's the only way,take that for what it's worth.