Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trinity Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trinity Transmission

What's happened to Trinity Transmission?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess they went out of business.....their website is no longer up.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

He was selling junk and lying to customers.

His 4L80E transbrake that caused reverse pressure loss, VERY delayed engagement, locks up in 1st gear, etc.

His transbrake cost me thousands of dollars in repairs, labor, travel, etc.

Very unhappy customer here...

I eventually got refunded the cost of the brake but not the shipping costs back and forth, my time doing R&D for his junk, etc.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by darkhorsebob
What's happened to Trinity Transmission?
I would think you being and employee of TCI you would be happy to see this! BTW why do you guys not sponsor the site anylonger?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SHOPDOG
I would think you being and employee of TCI you would be happy to see this! BTW why do you guys not sponsor the site anylonger?
I personally, don't wish any legitimate business to fail, especially the small companies.
It's better that I don't comment on why TCI is no longer a sponser on this site.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

There is plenty of room in the market for performance transmission shops.

The truth is that the average reputable transmission shop is very good at rebuilding transmissions usually cannot and in many cases do not want to do performance transmissions.

The guy that can make a 4L60E work excellent in a stock vehicle and last 100K+ miles may not be able to make one live in the 11's for more than a few passes.
It's not that he is doing shoddy work, it's just that there are tricks that take trial and error to learn.

I gave Jim at Trinity the information to have new seperator plates made, gave feedback on his instructions and install, and had hoped to come on here and give him good feedback to help sell his product.

In the end,
I was lied to, he couldn't prove he had any working, myself and several other builders tried the brake and it didn't work. Major issues.
I was out thousands on one customers trans due to the issues that I kept trying to fix with his brake.

I'm guessing he abandoned the deal when he was refunding everything he sold.

I hate to see any performance shop fail. It limits the options of guys like us that enjoy the cars and hobby.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On a side note. I have a like new Trinity brake for a 4l80. Will sell cheap. haha
Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

I agree, Jake. I hate to see someone "want" to do something, only to find the reality of doing that something takes the due diligence and moxy to "do" it properly, for the long haul. Don't loose your class. Trying to help someone when you don't have to is a good thing. I can't tell you how many "parts replacers" I've helped understand their craft over the years. The big picture is, it is already difficult enough understanding the transmission. I would try to help someone rather than not. We already have enough egg on our faces in this industry. It takes Big Stones to go National and do it right.

Keep up the good work!!

Quick Reply: Trinity Transmission