Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 vibration in driveline

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 vibration in driveline

well i bought the car and i had alittle quiver at about 60mph... so i go and have tires rotated and balanced... tires are only 8 months old... this didnt help.... ok now i notice if i hold the trans in 3rd and run up to bout 50ish i get a pretty hardcore vibe... once i bump to OD it almost goes away but then comes back around 60ish.... i went thru and shook the shaft pretty good and it dont seem to have any slack in the u-joints... but there is alittle play in the slip shaft spline but i dont think its enough to cause this.....

thanks fellas for the help
Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

I have that also. there are a few things that come to mind. One is a bent wheel, which I have. That will cause a pretty good vibration. Mine starts at about 40, goes to about 60, then goes away somewhat. It could also be an unbalanced driveshaft. I wonder if that isn't also the case with mine. I guess it could also be the tranny mount, as mine vibrates in 3rd some at about 2300 RPM. Let me know what you find out. I just hope that my problem isn't the tranny getting ready to !
Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

yeah me too but if the trans steps out on me i gonna build it for a beast then step the motor up to test it..... i may pull the shaft and have it checked... i also need to check the yoke on the rear end,... had one loosen up on a truck once... wheels balanced out and ran tru on the machine so maybe not a bent wheel.... i need to look under this thing and see if it has a dust cover and check my TQCnvrter bolts .....