Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank 3400 - Intermittent Lock-Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Yank 3400 - Intermittent Lock-Up

Having a interesting problem. I have a Yank 3400 eliminator for a 4L60E. This evening it has been acting strange. It is set to lock up at 45mph under part throttle, it does, but then it unlocks unless I am continuing to accelerate. On the highway 60mph+ it is fine, I can set it on cruise with no issue. The tranny is pretty cold (twin coolers) and is about 125 operating temp unless I beat on it.

The converter has pretty low miles on it so I have a hard time believing it is lock-up clutch. I don't have a code, and the only thing that has changed that I've done to the car, was get the engine bay painted and reattached all the grounds (I don't know if a bad ground on the 4 ground locations in the engine bay would affect this?). The only thing I can think of is the tranny isn't getting hot enough, but from what I understand, the temp reading comes from the ECT sensor, not the tranny. This has just started recently, converter has 2k on it, a few dyno pulls and some WOT street pulls, nothing crazy.

I'd appreciate any input!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any misfires? is there a temp threshold that needs to be met for l/u?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking about misfires too, nothing as far as the SES light flashing, however I didn't have a scanner hooked up. It does have new 95 lb/hr injectors in it and they haven't been checked on the street as far as the tune, just at WOT on the dyno, I thought they may be causing it.

I think there is a threshold for temp, but it is based on engine temp and I believe its around 125, mine were 195ish all night. If it is trans based, then that could be my problem, I just don't know if there is a temp sensor in the trans from the factory for that.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think it's lock up clutch YANK made best clutch

i have tci break away and yes it's bad clutch not lock when get heat just replaced it.
when i get mine sy3500 and installed i have problem with lockup rpm get play and unlock and lock gets crazy so i go to my tuner and make it ok after 1 hour driving to test it and tune it

so what i think try tune it it's work with me.

and see live data when you drive to see any missfire or any thing go wrong with any sensor not reading correct