Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60E help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 4l60E help?

Im trying to yank out my ls6 motor out of my 00 ss but the motor is locked up and i cant get to the torque converter bolts to undo the tranny completely from the motor it will turn over a lil bit an dead stop i have the one head off and the piston was completely gone on one of the cylinders aany advice or am i fucked?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to autozone and get their flywheel tool, it works better than any other I've used. It's like a flat bar, maybe 1/4" thick with a rubber handle, and has a small metal block on top and a larger (maybe 3x) block on bottom. Plenty of torque, no slip... beats a screw driver or using the bolts themselves to turn it...

I can post a pic if ya need it.

Pretty cheap, too.

I'm sure you got all the plugs out?!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think what you are going to have to do is remove the engine and trans as an assembly. Then you can separate the two leaving the converter attached to the engine. At which point you should be able to get to the bolts. I have seen this done with dropping the whole assembly through the bottom of the car. It is a lot of work but I think it might be your only choice. Vince