Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flutter sound??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default flutter sound??

so last week my car started making a strange, "fluttering sound" at 3000 rpms almost like a rocker is broken or valve spring... but i dont feel down on power.. also i have a slight tranny leak that i cant fix right now, when i checked my fluid it didnt even touch the stick (three quarts low) oh and a terrible smell came out of the dipstick tube
the sound almost sounds like metal rattling, ill take the valve covers off next week but my question is, can a transmission make a sound similar to that, or possibly my torque converter? maybe a bolt coming loose? no tools at school so i cant check it or i would...
Old 11-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what converter you have?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its the stock converter, since its rpm dependant and not speed dependant if it is related to the transmision it would almost have to be my converter right? or am i wrong?
i really hope its not in the engine, i just got a 1,000 miles on it now the cars broken, again....

the reason im loosing fluid is my filler tube got bent to hell, it took days to get it bent back in such a way that i could bolt it down and go in the transmision, but unfortunately its not entirely seated in the tranny, so it has a slow leak from that seal, it barely drips after parking for hours, so i passed it off as unimportant... bigger fish to fry, or so i though..

Quick Reply: flutter sound??