Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 w/solenoide problem..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A4 w/solenoide problem..

I have a 2000 SS A4. With a shift kit, but i have a 2-3 shift problem. i need a new shift solenoid. can i get one here from someone, or how much do they coast,.. ??? thanks
Old 11-12-2009, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you know its a solenoid?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

maybe he is getting the code.. could be from the converter.. mine keeps setting it off ..
Old 11-14-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea how do you know its a solenoid? If you just put a shift kit in or hell even if you had it in a while it could still be the pcm tuning issue. No matter what you need to reprogram the pcm if you installed a shift kit or even a converter. Did you have the pcm reprogramed for the shift kit?
Old 11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
Yea how do you know its a solenoid? If you just put a shift kit in or hell even if you had it in a while it could still be the pcm tuning issue. No matter what you need to reprogram the pcm if you installed a shift kit or even a converter. Did you have the pcm reprogramed for the shift kit?
i think im going to just take it out. i want to put an M6 in. but thats alot of $$,

i was told it was the noid. but it might not be. il have to get my head in there and look. do you know where i can get a new shift kit from for cheap?!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1killerSS00
i think im going to just take it out. i want to put an M6 in. but thats alot of $$,

i was told it was the noid. but it might not be. il have to get my head in there and look. do you know where i can get a new shift kit from for cheap?!
i got mine from summit for like 70 something bucks (trans go hd- 2)
Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

I have a 2000 SS A4. With a shift kit, but i have a 2-3 shift problem. i need a new shift solenoid. can i get one here from someone, or how much do they coast,.. ??? thanks
The solenoids are about $20 a piece from a stealership. If you know someone with the EFI live scanning tool - with directional they can reset the solenoids - that way you can confirm it is really is the solenoids.

Most tuners disable the codes to eliminate the possibly of the code throwing the car into limp mode. It is usually an aftermarket TQ, however, that will force the code.

Not sure if Autozone can reset those codes with their scanner.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hevymetalg
i got mine from summit for like 70 something bucks (trans go hd- 2)
thanks, im going to look em up and see what i find!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
The solenoids are about $20 a piece from a stealership. If you know someone with the EFI live scanning tool - with directional they can reset the solenoids - that way you can confirm it is really is the solenoids.

Most tuners disable the codes to eliminate the possibly of the code throwing the car into limp mode. It is usually an aftermarket TQ, however, that will force the code.

Not sure if Autozone can reset those codes with their scanner.
i think im going to just buy a new one. thanks. the problem is finding someplace to put it in. i have a townhouse with the navy and NO auto work is to be done in the parking lot so.. i will see what i can do. thanks!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackodium
how do you know its a solenoid?
the scanner at autozone , but idk how well that read yano , i think im going to buy a new one from summit or something..
Old 11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Launching!

i think im going to just buy a new one. thanks. the problem is finding someplace to put it in. i have a townhouse with the navy and NO auto work is to be done in the parking lot so.. i will see what i can do. thanks!
find a walmart do it in their parkin lot lol!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

You have to drop the pan to replace the solenoids. You probably don't want to do that unless you are sure that one or both of the solenoids are bad.

Good tranmission shops have the diagnostic equipment to test the solenoids too.

Have you PM'd Frank at Performabuilt for a diagnosis based on the the symptoms you describe?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
You have to drop the pan to replace the solenoids. You probably don't want to do that unless you are sure that one or both of the solenoids are bad.

Good tranmission shops have the diagnostic equipment to test the solenoids too.

Have you PM'd Frank at Performabuilt for a diagnosis based on the the symptoms you describe?
Yea ask frank he know everything about these trannys. He told me what shift kit to buy.