Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Noise - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Noise - Please Help

My car just started making a noise that seems to be coming from the front of the transmission or somewhere near that area. It sometimes makes a sqeaking/sqealing noise, and other times it make a rattling noise that almost sounds like something is turning on and then it will slowly fade out within a minute or less. It started after I installed my diablosport tune(not sure if the tranny settings did anything to cause this)

The transmission shifts baddass. The car and transmission has only 59k on it. I had a new engine installed 6 months ago by the dealer so it's got about 4k on the engine.

what could this be??

2001 SS A4 - Pretty Much Bone Stock - SLP LM1, K&N, Diablosport Tune.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well i would look at the converter and flex plate however if this started imediatley after a tune with no trans or converter work being done its possible when you raised the line presure the additional presure didnt cause but may be showing that you have and engine thrust bearing wear issue. But I would check over everything else in that area first

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is doing the same thing since I installed the new Diablo tune from my recently updated Predator tuner. Makes a light squeak right at the top of 1 & 2nd and as you said the trans shifts great. I thought it was the belt. I have 162k on mine, I'll be putting in a new motor and tranny soon anyway, but I will keep an eye out for more or different noises