Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will i be ok

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will i be ok

hey guys. ok to make things short, i had to cut a section of my cooler hose off and replace it with a hydrolic hose for the time being cause whoever had it before me unhooked the bracket that holds them up and it was just laying on the rack and wore a hole in it over time. but yea anyways, how long do you think ill be able to drive with this hose on the steel tubing before something happens. i plan on replacing it i just feel as if it will take a while cause i tried ordering one through my dealership and they have been discontinued.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as long as it is hydrolic hose, it will last a long time as long as the clamps are tight.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

should be on the low pressure side anyway, it will be fine. Its always good to flare the ends though as a precaution or use barbed ends. hydrolic hose is fine, it has a higher pressure rating than a normal reinforced type.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

well, i found out that it is just a fuel line instead of hydraulic. however i got my car tuned today and the guy there said that a fuel line will be fine considering that it is treated or something like that and the chemicals in the fluid wont eat through. but yea i do plan on flairing out the tubes and stuff. and still want a hydraulic hose just to be on the safe side.