Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam to match 3400 stall?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam to match 3400 stall?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I know this sort of thing probably gets asked quite a bit but I exhausted the search feature before I made the decision to post this so go easy with the flames...

I'm about to pick up a 2000 Z28 with full bolt-ons and a stall and one of the first things I want to do is a cam. With my previous cars, all mustangs, the choices were pretty limited and in turn fairly easy, it was all about the drivability you wanted. Here, I'm a bit lost and not sure what to do.

I'd like to make as much peak power as possible, maintain good street manners and drivability, and have some power under the curve. Nitrous friendly would also be good. That all being said, what kind of cam meets that criteria and would mesh with with a 3400 stall converter?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

ummm.. bump?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Best bet would be to ask in the Gen III internal engine section...you'd get a lot more responses. However, with that converter I'd suggest a TR224 cam. Do a search in the internal engine section and you'll find all the info you could ever ask for about that particular cam. You might also consider a custom cam from one of our vendors.....custom-tailored to your specific setup.