Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many types of pnp switchs on 4l60e???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010 | 05:40 AM
On The Tree

Default How many types of pnp switchs on 4l60e???

Hi guys like the topic says, i have a harness and it does not match my tranny pnp switch, is the more than one kind of pnp(prnd321) switch, my engine and harness are from a 2003 subarban, and i think my tranny is 2000 4l60e... i need info fsat guys..

Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2010 | 06:20 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Not sure what you mean by a pnp switch. What type/year of vehicle are we dealing with here? Here is a picture a 4l60e valve body. Are you talking about #6 in this picture or are you referring to an external transmission switch? If so I would call that a neutral switch or a manual valve position switch.
Old 01-26-2010 | 06:34 AM
On The Tree

yes, i am reffering to the outer switch, i just dont know what the proper name for that swtch is......sorry bout that..... so how many types of neutral switchs are there?
Old 01-26-2010 | 06:42 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Sorry just reread your post and that makes more sense. Yes there are a few different ones. I have seen a couple different single plug ones that have different pin counts. The original switches used had a dual plug on them. The issue we have seen is that the switch assembly itself will leak a sealer out of it into the harness connector. When this happens it is difficult to remove/reinstall it. Using a heat gun will help with this if this is the problem. I hope this helps you with your issue. Vince
Old 01-26-2010 | 07:23 AM
On The Tree

soo ill need to check my harness connectors and buy a similar pnp switch.... is that it???

my tranny wont shift into 3rd and 4th gear, could the neutral switch be causing this? will connecting it tell the pcm which gear im in... and make my tranny act better?
Old 01-26-2010 | 07:33 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sleepy_boy1
soo ill need to check my harness connectors and buy a similar pnp switch.... is that it???

my tranny wont shift into 3rd and 4th gear, could the neutral switch be causing this? will connecting it tell the pcm which gear im in... and make my tranny act better?
If your computer is using inputs from this switch then yes it needs to be there. Without the switch I would think that the computer is seeing an open condition and probably puts the trans in a default mode of somesort. In your case I would get it up and running and go from there. Vince

Quick Reply: How many types of pnp switchs on 4l60e???