Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e 96 to 94 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e 96 to 94 conversion

ok I'm getting a good deal on a 96 trans but I have a 94 I already know the differences and have already gotten some advice on doing the conversion but I am a bit confused on part of it
I was told that I need to use a universal wiring harness to adapt to the 94 wiring I asked is it just an adapter pigtail externally or does it have to do with the internal wiring and was told it has to do with the internal wiring so I think simple enough I buy a internal harness for a 94 but one problem when I searched all the on line tranny supply places the year break downs are 93-97/93-96/93-02 so either one I buy its the same for a 94 and 96 but I know there are differences so this is where I dead end. I'm not paying the tranny guy I talked to about this so I don't want to keep bothering him with questions, he happens to be a sponsor on here and I'm sure he remembers me asking and the response givin and if said guy would like to elaborate a bit more in the process he can do so

what is the difference in the 94 tranny plug and the 96 tranny plug (main one on the harness) I cant find pics of them anywhere.