Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant get shifter assembly inside trans back together

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get shifter assembly inside trans back together

Posting a new thread with hopefully clearer details about my problem because I need this fixed tonight.

Ok removed my trans pan, pulled out the shift linkage rod from the trans to replace a leaking seal and the piece circled in red fell down, its still attatched to the half circle piece with notches for gear selection (on the right side) but the end with the spring and cap (on the left side) i guess fell out of the hole and there's a piece of metal blocking it that looks like it should move so I can get the rod back in the hole but I cant figure it out... Anyone know how I get the spring side back in the hole so I can wrap this up and go to bed?
Attached Thumbnails Cant get shifter assembly inside trans back together-trans-2.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Teching In

I think you're talking about the park pawl. Rotate the output shaft so the park pawl will engage the output shaft into the park position. You should then be able to install the park rod.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by darkhorsebob
I think you're talking about the park pawl. Rotate the output shaft so the park pawl will engage the output shaft into the park position. You should then be able to install the park rod.
Wow are you serious all I had to do was rotate the output shaft? I spent like 6hrs yesterday poking and wiggling and lightly prying that thing to get it to move!

So the piece i circled is called the park rod? And that metal brackett on the bottom left side of the circle has the park pawl behind wich will move if i spin the output shaft correct? cuz it seems to be locked into place right now...
Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Well I tried spinning the output shaft to get the "park pawl" to move so the park rod could slide in the hole but it still didn't move more than an 1/8th inch something has it locked into place in front of the hole. So anyway to move it without taking out the 2 13mm bolts and pulling that piece out?