Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e conversion crossmember with torque arm mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4l80e conversion crossmember with torque arm mount

I Know bmr has one for LS1 cars, But they dont list one for LT1 cars. I have an LT1 car Im putting an LS1 with a 4l80e in. The LS1 crossmember wont work. Any ideas? I also considered running the torque arm that mounts to the body but the car will have true duals on it and I need to keep the torque arm in the factory spot.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formula17
I Know bmr has one for LS1 cars, But they dont list one for LT1 cars. I have an LT1 car Im putting an LS1 with a 4l80e in. The LS1 crossmember wont work. Any ideas? I also considered running the torque arm that mounts to the body but the car will have true duals on it and I need to keep the torque arm in the factory spot.
Thanks for the interest in our products...

The problem with making a torque arm relocation for the Lt1 is the floor pan is different from the LS1.

With the differences in the floor pan and the larger tube required for the torque arm relocation mount we had no solution.

Any other questions please ask
Old 02-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess the only other option is running a torque arm that bolts into the tunnel like the jegs one. Havnet heard too many good things about that one, Any others that might be better?? Maybe Ill look for pictures of people who might be running the body mounted torque arm with true duals.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
Thanks for the interest in our products...

The problem with making a torque arm relocation for the Lt1 is the floor pan is different from the LS1.

With the differences in the floor pan and the larger tube required for the torque arm relocation mount we had no solution.

Any other questions please ask
Not to ***** this thread, but I picked up one of your 4L80E crossmembers with the torque arm relocate on it (going on LS1 car) - the crossmember was bought used, and has a bushing with a hole in the middle of it...I'm guessing to be used with your extreme torque arm? I'm planning on running the stock torque arm for now, can I just buy a new stock bushing and replace the circle style one? Will the stock bushing fit?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formula17
I guess the only other option is running a torque arm that bolts into the tunnel like the jegs one. Havnet heard too many good things about that one, Any others that might be better?? Maybe Ill look for pictures of people who might be running the body mounted torque arm with true duals.
We do have the Trak Pak as an option....
Originally Posted by Photochop
Not to ***** this thread, but I picked up one of your 4L80E crossmembers with the torque arm relocate on it (going on LS1 car) - the crossmember was bought used, and has a bushing with a hole in the middle of it...I'm guessing to be used with your extreme torque arm? I'm planning on running the stock torque arm for now, can I just buy a new stock bushing and replace the circle style one? Will the stock bushing fit?
The bushing you have is for the regular full length style torque arm. You can just get on of the Prothane poly bushings for the stock torque arm and it will work with our relocation bracket.

Quick Reply: 4l80e conversion crossmember with torque arm mount