Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto trans SOTP Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto trans SOTP Question

I have a question. I rode in a Corvette pretty recently. It had a 6sp. Man, that thing would SLAM you back in your seat even in 4th at a roll when you hit it. I heard that to get that kind of feeling you have to get a manual. Is that true? If so, why? If not, would a stall help for my auto without killing either my stock trans or my gas mileage (well not very much at least)? BTW, gears and major engine modifications are out of the question.

Last edited by ArkBird96; 02-25-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Manuals do feel faster, hands down. Lots of M6 guys around here, we all have similar mods, all their cars feel faster then mine. I havent lost a race yet. Autos can pin you back but its not the same feeling.

Originally Posted by ArkBird96
I have a question. I rode in a Corvette pretty recently. It had a 6sp. Man, that thing would SLAM you back in your seat even in 4th at a roll when you hit it. I heard that to get that kind of feeling you have to get a manual. Is that true? If so, why? If not, would a stall help for my auto without killing either my stock trans or my gas mileage (well not very much at least)? BTW, gears and major engine modifications are out of the question.
Dont mod your car. The more mods, the more upkeep, the more money and the less gas mileage. If thats not what floats your boat then dont touch a single thing. Maybe a cat-back thats all.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember looking for my formula, I also test drove an M6 Formula (stock gears), and got on it a bit, but it felt NOTHING like the Corvette. I think the vette's lightness also contribute. I may put a stall in mine at some point. Thanks for the info though!