Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0L and TH400 quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 6.0L and TH400 quick question.

Okay I went to summit to buy the TCI Gen3 flexplate that is suppose to have the spacer, it didnt end up having it. So I went home and took off the stock flexplate.

Now I have a dual pattern convertor TCI super streetfire. I placed the stock flexplate on my convertor and it seals to the snout and the bolt holes line up.

Now my 6.0 (lq4) is outta a 2001 Chevy HD 2500 and the flexplate has a factory spacer (about .400 thick on the crank side)

Do I need to buy the huges spacer still or do I just bolt up and go? Maybe the truck I got my motor from was a 4L80e truck?

Any help would be appreciated. If I can still use the stock flexplate I will just to keep funds down on my build.

Thanks

Jay

Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should note the TCI flexplate was part number 399753... we were going to buy 3 of them, and opened all 3 and none had the spacer, so they went out back, grabbed all the ones they had which was about 10, all of them were missing the spacer. The one was even missing the bolts.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

GM sure didnt do anyone any favors with their flywheel design on these LS engines, lol
The flywheel i used was i believe was #399754-it came with a spacer and bolts(longer)-the f/w had a small spacer on the flywheel side, plus the f/w was a little thicker, and bolted right to the crank, it was the proper distance(gap) from the block for the starter (around 7/16", block to back of the teeth)
my converter was the standard snout length (400/4l80e) and the supplied spacer sliped into the crank, and the converter slid into it, comp. the registering it needed-the flywheel has the large pattern
TCI has a #399753, but not sure what its for, doesnt have spacer or bolts
i orig had the GM flywheel and spacer, so this proved to be a direct fit
the back side of the f/w where the converter bolts fo, has a small cutout area, i used a metric bolt that has a flange head, and fit right in the cutout area-an American bolt might need an AN washer to fit in there-also the converter bolts will need to maybe be a little longer than a boemal converter bolt, given the extra thickness of the flywheel
sorry for the long post, hope that helps(if you have a Scatt stroker crank you will need American bolts for the flywheel, i found some ARP ones, i think Mopar or something, still have the part #)
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

okay now after doing alot more reading some people say use the TCI 399753 and some say the tci 399754 (4l80e one) which comes with the spacer, and my convertor has both patterns.

So Ill order this one and give it a whirl!

Jay
Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

N/M im gonna go with the Hughes 4004 and hughes 3795 this way i know i get the spacer when it gets shipped to me.

Jay

Quick Reply: 6.0L and TH400 quick question.