Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excessive line pressure? (4L60E)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Excessive line pressure? (4L60E)

I've been tryin to figure out my transmission issues for a few weeks now. It behaved weird at the track, causing the car to bog really bad off the starting line, then ran ok for a couple weeks.

So far, I've had two instances where it acted like it was slipping out of gear then immediately went back to normal. The first time I was pulling from a stop light and about 3500rpm it slipped out of gear and the rpm's went up, I lifted out of the gas then rolled back into it and it shifted through the gears just fine. A few days later, I was going wide open up the road and in first gear the rpm's flew up momentarily (It wasn't spinning the tires) then returned to normal, as if it went out of gear. I never lifted off the throttle on that 2nd run.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my laptop hooked up to the car, but I do have a pressure gauge coming up through the floorboard. At wide open throttle, the pressure is reading between 240 and 250psi.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at here, but I did see a post where the max is 230psi, but I'm not sure if that relates to a modified transmission and my pump has the .490 boost valve. Is 250psi too much?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh sorry, I was referring to my '95 camaro. I use TTS datamaster and Tunercats.

At idle I'm about 75psi and I cruise around 150-175 depending on rpm.