Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noooo!!! Massive trans leak.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Noooo!!! Massive trans leak.

yeah after 60K of beating on the FLT Level 3 and Vig 3600 driving daily in all weather I have a problem... a massive trans leak! It started a couple weeks ago just a drop or two and I could not find what was leaking. Everything under the car looked wet and looked suspect. Now its leaking a lot worse which made it easy to find the problem.. it appears to be the seal on the input shaft. Sucks!!! I was hoping it would be something simpler but this is my only car and can't afford the time to pull the trans myself in the garage and chance doing it myself and screwing it up. So I just sent the email to Speed Inc where I had the trans and stall done a couple years ago to have them do the work with FLT. hopefully it won't be too costly! At least I feel I got my money worth but man.. this sucks! Just as I was looking at brake Upgrades, new LCA's and 17" wheels and tires. I guess it will be just standard brake rebuild, New Rod ends for the rusty LCA's and just tires on the stock 16" rims.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

If its the pump seal it doesnt cost alot just have to pull the tranny which sucks.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Is the tranny vacuum modulated??
Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

no its not the vacuum modulated version. Its for sure leaking from the front seal as I degreased the trans and drove it around the block this morning. Its all coming out form the bell housing. It only leaks a little if I'm nice the car and leaks like a hose when I stand on it. I'm going to have it puled at Speed inc and the converter cut and cleaned as well as FLT going through the trans. I figure its got to come out anyhow and I put around 18-20K on the car a year Might as well get it all gone through. Plus I'm driving it to Vegas this summer so I want to be sure its all good.