Sponsored by:

B&M Quicksilver and '04 2wd Automatic 4l60e Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
LT.
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Quicksilver and '04 2wd Automatic 4l60e Problems

I am trying to install a B&M Quicksilver shifter onto a 2004 2wd automatic 4l60e transmission and nothing is lining up. Even the bracket that mounts onto the actual pivot point on the transmission doesn't really work. With the bolt tightened down all the way the bracket rattles around a lot and isn't even clamped down completely. On top of that with the cable bracket that needs to be installed on the oil pan, the cable goes to the inside of the pivot point rather than the outside like the instructions say.

I called B&M and they gave me a bunch of BS about how I need to have an aftermarket controller to have the transmission shift properly and I already have that programmed into the harness that I bought from Howell. Even then everything they have supplied doesn't work with my application even tho they claim it does. So if anyone has some pictures of how their brackets are mounted on the transmission it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'm going to return this shifter and go with an Art Carr that is designed for this specific transmission.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need to use a washer between the bracket that goes on the trans selector shaft and the retaining nut otherwise it can not tighten up onto the bracket. The washer needs to be big enough to fit over the shaft at its largest diameter. And yes the cable does attach to the trans side of the selector bracket on these setups.

Quick Reply: B&M Quicksilver and '04 2wd Automatic 4l60e Problems