Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flexplate cracked, what will this cause?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flexplate cracked, what will this cause?

Ever since I put this TH400 and electric shifter in I've been having problems with the car. It's a TH400 fully built, RMVB, T-Brake, all the goodies with a B&M Pro Ratchet Shifter.

Got it all in and done and I have a MSD 8950 RPM Activator. I have a 6200 chip in it and it shifts, but the transmission was holding out 700-1300 before it actually shifted itself.

I made three passes this Saturday and the flexplate cracked in three places. Since the car has a reluctor wheel on the back of the crank will this cause an erratic reading in RPMs in anyway?

The guy that does my transmissions pulled it apart and it looks brand new on the inside. The converter was just rebuilt by Neal Chance, and I'm just about stumped on what else it could be.

I remember after we got the TH400 swap done the car had a minor squeal and you could barely hear it, but maybe that was when the Flexplate had got a small crack in it?

So could this possibly have cause all of my problems? Also with the B&M Pro Ratchet I have to slap it twice to get into and out of Park, I've read this was normal...just making sure.