Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e vacuum modulated?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e vacuum modulated?

I was looking at a rebuild kit for my 4l60e and most i am finding have a vacuum modulator with it. What exactly is that controlling or doing for me or the trans?

Also i was having an issue choosing what 2/4 band to use for my car, it should be producing about 550rwhp
should i choose a hi-energy, alto red or Carbon fiber extra wide for those? of course with a new drum

Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

it controls how hard it shifts . shifts smooth under low vacuum and crisp under more vacuum , or like stock while driving like normal and like a race car under full throttle .

i loved mine
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^^^ As said up top but it also helps to make your 4L60E last longer. When you tune your car the tuner increases the line pressure on the transmission to make it shift harder (give you that seat of the pants feeling). The problem is with these trannies when there is a high amount of line pressure on the tranny at all times it is harder on the transmission. Normally you will lose the 3-4 clutch band first (thats what happened to me) With the Vacuum modulater you will not have full line pressure unless you are at WOT.