Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 gto 4l65e problem

Old 06-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 gto 4l65e problem

hey guys i am wanting to get yalls opinion on this. so i was driving down the road the other day and stopped at a red light and went to take off everything was good until it switched into 3rd felt like it was in neutral would not do anything else. so i pull off the road and check my fluid it doesnt smell burnt. it didnt give any signs that it was going to go. i am wondering if (thinking positive here) could it be a stuck valve in the valve body. fluid still looks good doesnt bad at all. or do i just need to break down and order the proformabult lvl 2. i dont really want to spend that much money but the warranty is pretty good almost to good to be true.
thanks
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have to guess that you have burned 3-4 clutch pack or the snap ring for this clutch had broken out of the drum. Just an FYI the 2004 GTO did not come with a 4l65e. This started in 2005 and later models. Unless it had been changed you have a 4l60E not a 65.

Please take a look at what we have to offer. I know that there are many PB followers here but you will find that we build a very nice transmission at FLT. Look at the part lists and make your choice. Warranty is not everything when your spending your money! In my opinion quality is! Let me know if you have any questions. Vince
Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I would have to guess that you have burned 3-4 clutch pack or the snap ring for this clutch had broken out of the drum. Just an FYI the 2004 GTO did not come with a 4l65e. This started in 2005 and later models. Unless it had been changed you have a 4l60E not a 65.

Please take a look at what we have to offer. I know that there are many PB followers here but you will find that we build a very nice transmission at FLT. Look at the part lists and make your choice. Warranty is not everything when your spending your money! In my opinion quality is! Let me know if you have any questions. Vince

i dont know if it is the stock trans or not i thought they all came with the 65. i have been looking around alot for a trans, its good to know i what i am looking for though! not trying to bust any ***** or anything but if you alls quality is so good then why dont you all stand behind your work for longer than 6 months. with them i know if i buy the converter also they will stand behind it for 2 years sounds like the quality is pretty good if they stand behind it for that long and they know the abuse we put them through. i might be wrong though. looks like you all have a good product as well. what are the horsepower and torque rating for each level. my car is twin turbo car need something to hold up to a 700hp plus car that weighs alot.
thanks for your help
Old 03-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Teching In

FYI the 04 did come with a 4l65e. I have one and the trans is a 4l65e. That's all they came with FYI.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

Thanks for the confirming info Joemal, but since this is a 6 year old thread, I am closing it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 gto 4l65e problem