Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e?

so here is my ordeal, my 60e just lost 3rd &4th gear about a week ago and i need a new one to get me by and i found one on craigslist, here is the posting
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1797679301.html
i emailed the guy and this is what he said
the car was slipping in 4th gear, may have been a servo, or the pin-to-band clearance as the pin will wear over time. im no sure. i shimmed the servo cover to allow 4th gear to engage tighter, as recommended by performabuilt transmission and it appeared to improve some. thinking i had too small of a shim, i increased the size, im guessing it was too much pressure on the snap ring wnd when the servo pushed out(when i was driving with aggressiveness) it forced the case to snap. the trans was shifting very good 1-2 and 2-3. im not sure on all the extent of swapping the parts over, or what could have 100% been wrong with my 4th gear issue, but whatever it was, servo or band; all of that should be upgraded with a fresh rebuild anyway.

my question is could i buy this transmission, swap all the guts and use my servo, from his tranny to my case and it would work, or could i just fix his case and it work? sorry for the redecilous long post buy any help is appriciated, thanks.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd buy it for $100 if the transmission is what he says it is.
If you plan on swapping it's parts into your case then you'd see what was worth reusing.
It sounds like it took a good beating when he had it but if the hardparts are good they're worth $100.

BTW the servo snap ring probably just didn't blow out, he just had if off and most likely didn't seat it fully.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats kinda what i was hopein for