Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

older rossler transbrake instructions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default older rossler transbrake instructions

I have a 4l80 trans with the older rossler transbrake. I am trying to figure out how to wire the t-brake. Does anyone have the instructions or know which pin to wire the transbrake wire into the harness?

this was purchased in 2007

thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In most cases Carl had you use a pass through connector that was installed in the transmission pan. If this was not done on your unit then it might have been run through the main harness connector and I have done this on a few occasions. If it was run through the harness connector I would need to see a picture of it so I could tell you which pin I think it is. You could always drop the pan to look to see what was done here and then you will know for sure. HTH Vince
Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

I dropped the pan a little while ago and the red wire from the transbrake(valvebody) goes to the bottom right position. That is where we have the wire pinned to to go to the button 12v.

I should add that we have BS3 running the engine as well as the 4l80

Here is a verbal creation of what the pinout looks like looking at it from the side of the trans. The trans is in the car right now.

BS3 connector

top row 4 wires(uses all pins)
second row 1 wire(positioned to the far left pin)
third row 6 wires(uses all pins)

bottom row...White/purple stripe(far left pin)........wire going to transbrake button(far right pin) middle two pins not used

The pinout on the transmission connector matches the harness connector except there is no pin for the white/purple stripe(bottom row far left).

The wire I have going to the t-brake buttom matches the red wire (bottom row far right pin) that goes to the t-brake solenoid.

I dont know what the white/purple stripe is?

This is a RPM 4l80 We got it new in 2007, but the trans has been sitting unused since then. We put it in my friends trans am.

thank you,

Brent
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

We are trying this in drive/3rd gear. The Bs3 does show it is in drive when the shifter is in 3rd

Quick Reply: older rossler transbrake instructions