Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e no line pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 4l60e no line pressure?

hi everyone i just purchased a 4l60e 99' from a friend installed a new torque converter and inspected the trans pump an found a little scoring on the inside so i replaced it with a known good used pump from a trans shop in my town. made sure i heard three clicks when i seated the converter. then installed trans. no leaks but when i put the trans in gear i can feel it engage but nothing after that. checked like pressure an nothing there. when i replace the pump i drained all fluid. and when i filled up the trans before starting i added 8 quarts. i thought that was the proplem so i drained a couple quarts out and it still had 0psi. any suggestions would help..
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

not sure the amount of fluid needed,(been years I have not run stock) is it stock converter/stock pan? ( I run a 10" converter and 1" deeper pan AND I requires 13 qts to be at correct level when hot )was both trans and converter complete dry?
I thank if you added 8 qts and then drained 2qts out you MAY be low, if converter was dry did you add fluid to the converter BEFORE you install it onto the trans?
just thinking, Johnny
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Teching In

well thank you for your reply but found out the new torque converter i just bought was for the wrong application. the nose of the torque converter was to short and not splined up to the pump. will hopefully have a new one tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Make sure you did not damage the pump with the wrong TC being installed. If it is to short, it could have broken the teeth of the rotor hub. Look inside with a very bright light and take a scribe and move the rotor, it should move freely. It should have "two" teeth 180 degrees apart from each other.

Quick Reply: 4l60e no line pressure?