Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Red face Clunk

I have this clunk sound when I am coming to a stop, almost when I'm stopped. It seems like when the trans is shifting down into 1st gear. The trans runs fine otherwise. Goes up thru the gears quietly and down except for the drop back into 1st. Serious not serious???? anybody have this happen to them?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue could be your trans was either built with a case saver, the case itself is very worn or has a collapsed tension spring for the low roller support. I have also seen this complaint when using a superior 2nd gear servo. HTH Vince
Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vince B
The issue could be your trans was either built with a case saver, the case itself is very worn or has a collapsed tension spring for the low roller support. I have also seen this complaint when using a superior 2nd gear servo. HTH Vince
Collapsed tension spring........ can I check this or can i repair it?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is something that is inspected when the trans is overhauled. To be honest I really would not worry about this unless it is really extreme.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

OK Thank You. I was just a little worried because i had the trans rebuilt a few years ago because of a similar issue. Then I was slowing to turn onto a highway and then nailed it to get on and i blew out the trans. the guy that rebuilt the trans showed me a plate from the valve body and a little ball bearing that had blown thru the hole in the plate. Was just trying to head off some problems.