Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L70E problems(no reverse)

Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L70E problems(no reverse)

Guy's I've got a LS2 and 4L70E out of a 08 trailblazer ss in my 69 camaro,it's a performabuilt trans with a yank convertor.the car has been setting in the garage for about a week went to drive it today put it in reverse and no reverse,actually tried to move forward,go to neutral and the car tries to go forward,when it's in park it acts like it's between gears(want rev freely like it's in park or neutral)shifts in to all forward gears fine.Any ideas I'm going to call performabuilt tomorrow and talk to them but thought i would check here first,sounds like something is welded together but the trans has not give me a bit of trouble until now,bought the motor and trans together and put it in the car about a year ago and since then have not driven it probably 300 miles at the most do to finishing up the car,thanks for any help.THANKS!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like something has caused the forward clutch to seize though seems odd that when you drove it last it was ok.But yes give me a call tomorrow and we will see what we can do for you.
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L70E problems(no reverse)