Sponsored by:

car in reverse than....BANG!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default car in reverse than....BANG!

Guys,

Just wanted to know if anybody had this issue? I am sure something in the tranny is shot. When i put the car from park to reverse it wouldnt move. I then had to put the car in park then back to reverse to get it to engage. The car shifted fine around town. I punched it coming off the exhaust and started hearing a rattling sound from the rear as if a lug nut was loose. But it wasnt?

Next morning i went for an oil change and put the car in reverse and all of a sudden a loud bang or snap right underneath?

But whats odd is i put the car in reverse and gassed it a bit, and it moved just fine?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It may have had a snap ring come off the reverse input piston return spring pack, it could have a low/reverse.. there are a few things that come to mind but all of them are internal. If you want, bring it out to my shop in Garland and I'll look at it for you. Don't worry about the fee to diagnose it, I don't charge for that... never have.

I wonder what the fluid condition is like? Also, in your sig you say you have a "sam's club tranny"... what the heck is that! LOL... Meaning, if it has some decent internals already, it may not be as expensive to fix it and maybe upgrade it as you think.

Gimme a shout, we'll kick it around.

g

Quick Reply: car in reverse than....BANG!