Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shady maddog lou

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deion82
Wow I must have been the luckiest guy. I bought a 700r4 from them about 4 years ago behind a 383 sbc stroker that made 440 hp and no issues what so ever. Even put a 150 shot nitrous on the truck and no issues. Should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time. Haha
That's the firat good story I have heard so yes buy me a lotto ticket too lol.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Launching!

why is he still a sponser here?dont the moderators of this forum have any morals?i used to think if its a sponser on ls1tech,then they must be good.makes me wonder about the sponsers ive never heard of.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Leeroy the mods and admin's do not decide who can sponsor the site. This is IB's baby and they decide these kind of things.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

I have to say that I am surprised that he is allowed to have an ad on this site. LS-1 tech in the past has always protected its members from companys with spotty quality control.
[ Fuddle Racing, Cold Fusion ] comes to mind,and I know there have been others.
Sad.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Hey op.....Is this posted in sponsor feedback? If not it should be.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Hey op.....Is this posted in sponsor feedback? If not it should be.
Who cares, this thread was created in November.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I didn't see him in the sponsor list initially (haven't checked since), but now I notice his logo over the LT1 section.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow this is crazy especially since he is trying to make a sale in every thread that he enters...kind of annoying
Old 05-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I have been trying to help a bunch of people with there everyday transmission problem.

Originally Posted by mjs1012
Wow this is crazy especially since he is trying to make a sale in every thread that he enters...kind of annoying
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why don't you address the rest of the problems. In this thread?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea you might be trying to help people but telling everyone to call you isn't a sales pitch???

I have no experience with your product or past so I have no opinion about what you're doing good bad or indifferent but you came outta no where trying to get people to buy your stuff.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Rpm transmissions ftmfw.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Believe it or not, It not a "sales Pitch" Its easier for me to talk to someone on the phone about there issue than it is for me to type it out on the computer. When I talk to someone on the phone I have a better sense of how I can help the situation.

Originally Posted by mjs1012
Yea you might be trying to help people but telling everyone to call you isn't a sales pitch???

I have no experience with your product or past so I have no opinion about what you're doing good bad or indifferent but you came outta no where trying to get people to buy your stuff.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did this guys' trans get the components he was promised for the price? IMHO, any trans in a serious performance situation is going to have to be torn down again at some point (even if only to freshen the band and 3/4 pack) and if ALL the goodies are not there u will be doing it a LOT more often. If u did not pay 1800-up for your unit (without convertor), u most likely got a basic rebuild with MAYBE a beast and billet servo. FAR from full-boogie.

Spend the money on a high-end unit and it will only cost several hundred to freshen up when u do toast it. I always try to gut the trans on the bench in front of the customer (10-15min) so they know what they have and what they are going to get. A person can make as much money NOT using the good **** and charging for it than they get to build the unit to begin with.....

How much is it to sponsor on tech? I see people paying GOOD money for BAD product. Maybe it's the cost drawing them in.....I have put 2300.00 in PARTS in my personal and other 4l60e units and can tell u that a 995.00 unit would only be suitable for an astro-van or s-10 (v-8s excluded)
Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Teching In

I just opened up a so called race 700R4.The only thing not stock is the band and the convertor. Who does a good job? Or should I just buy on new?Or a good used one from somebody reliable? I'm putting in my 69 Prostreet 632" Z-28.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JUNK
Did this guys' trans get the components he was promised for the price? IMHO, any trans in a serious performance situation is going to have to be torn down again at some point (even if only to freshen the band and 3/4 pack) and if ALL the goodies are not there u will be doing it a LOT more often. If u did not pay 1800-up for your unit (without convertor), u most likely got a basic rebuild with MAYBE a beast and billet servo. FAR from full-boogie.

Spend the money on a high-end unit and it will only cost several hundred to freshen up when u do toast it. I always try to gut the trans on the bench in front of the customer (10-15min) so they know what they have and what they are going to get. A person can make as much money NOT using the good **** and charging for it than they get to build the unit to begin with.....

How much is it to sponsor on tech? I see people paying GOOD money for BAD product. Maybe it's the cost drawing them in.....I have put 2300.00 in PARTS in my personal and other 4l60e units and can tell u that a 995.00 unit would only be suitable for an astro-van or s-10 (v-8s excluded)
My local build was $1k across the bench meaning no R+R for the builder. It ended up needing the shell that the band grabs because it was worn past spec and that was another $100 for a re-welded unit. My trans builder is very well known at the drag racing tracks around here. The racers praise him for his transmissions, specifically the 60e. I went with him from word of mouth. I told him my goals, and he made a simple parts list that would get it done for me (450 whp, 4k converter, 6500 rpms, 3500 lbs.). He said he'd put any part I wanted in there but I trusted his judgement on what he said was needed and not needed. He made a receipt with the extra parts he installed. Nothing fancy, couple of things I remember off the top of my head Beast, HD2, roller sprag (or something), Z-Pack 3/4 (his preference). Lots of people do not need $2300 in parts in their 4L60e for them to work correctly for their application.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
My local build was $1k across the bench meaning no R+R for the builder. It ended up needing the shell that the band grabs because it was worn past spec and that was another $100 for a re-welded unit. My trans builder is very well known at the drag racing tracks around here. The racers praise him for his transmissions, specifically the 60e. I went with him from word of mouth. I told him my goals, and he made a simple parts list that would get it done for me (450 whp, 4k converter, 6500 rpms, 3500 lbs.). He said he'd put any part I wanted in there but I trusted his judgement on what he said was needed and not needed. He made a receipt with the extra parts he installed. Nothing fancy, couple of things I remember off the top of my head Beast, HD2, roller sprag (or something), Z-Pack 3/4 (his preference). Lots of people do not need $2300 in parts in their 4L60e for them to work correctly for their application.
Your right, lots of people don't need EVERYTHING made for these units...BUT, consider a hd2, sonnax full roller sunshell, sleeved input drum, z-pak, billet servo, wide band, new rev drum, forward sprag,and a "banner kit" and parts cost is around 650.00 for PARTS only. I get 950.00 plus parts, and those are a min req. for 500-plus rwhp. My unit has another 1400.00 in the way of input shaft, 30-spline output shaft and a custom plate where the output shaft would go. And ohh, if u don't have the GM 5-pinions already, those will cost extra. Good to 550rwhp at 7200rpm for about 300 passes....then another z-pak and drum/band/gaskets/fluid. Cheaper than a 6sp clutch and a quicker while being easier on the drive-line....

I realize most people are not going low 9s in 3500lb cars using the 4l60, but the ones who are really need all of this ****. U can put the 4l80 in your f-body, but u could buy a 9 sec car for what it would cost to put that unit in a c5 or c6 vette. If its a c6z or zr, u get to hack up that nice aluminium chassis in the rear...u know, the one your not supposed to cut, weld, or drill?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Hey guys, FWIW, I deal with mad dog lou personally. Lou built my 4l65e in my silverado that took me deep in to the low 11's with my 4600# street truck, He also turns ALL of the bolts and sponsors me on my TH400, I've had the 400 in my truck for over 2 years and there has probably been 500 bottles of nitrous ran through it on 300+ horsepower jets!!! Only problem I've had was ONE busted sprag, And IMO that's a parts failure and not an install issue, Lou was more than happy to upgrade me for free and covered all labor on a better sprag and We haven't had an issue yet and that was over a year ago. I have also moved away from nitrous and my current set up is a Proline/Vengeance spec 404 stroker with a single precision 88mm, Once again it has been together with the turbo for about three months and makes over 1000rwhp!!! (Can't display my actual numbers due to some "grudging" going on lately ) FWIW it hasnt missed a beat, I pull my shifter with confidence! My powerglide is being built as we speak and I can't WAIT to put it in!!! People always need to make thier own decisions but If you ask my opinion I will tell you this, If ANYTHING at all goes wrong with your transaction with Lou, HE WILL FIX IT! THAT'S MORE THAN YOU CAN SAY FOR MOST! Is it a pain in the *** to pull your trans out when you have a problem? Yes! Is there plenty of other builders that don't stand behind thier work at all when you have an issue? Yes! This isn't one of them! Lou has been through hell trying to rebuild a reputation that got scarred from other's actions. All I know is this, I have plenty of friends with heads/cam/stokers/nitrous/etc.. that run mad-dog transmissions and I'm not gonna say there hasn't been a single issue but I'll say that not a one of them has come out of pocket a single DIME for an issue with thier transmission.

Not gonna type all night, If you're happy with your purchase from Lou, GREAT!
If you're not happy with your purchase, This guy will honestly go above and beyond to try and please you, But not if you sit around and "bash" constantly.

BE SAFE!!!

Charlie
Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie@Vengeance
Hey guys, FWIW, I deal with mad dog lou personally. Lou built my 4l65e in my silverado that took me deep in to the low 11's with my 4600# street truck, He also turns ALL of the bolts and sponsors me on my TH400, I've had the 400 in my truck for over 2 years and there has probably been 500 bottles of nitrous ran through it on 300+ horsepower jets!!! Only problem I've had was ONE busted sprag, And IMO that's a parts failure and not an install issue, Lou was more than happy to upgrade me for free and covered all labor on a better sprag and We haven't had an issue yet and that was over a year ago. I have also moved away from nitrous and my current set up is a Proline/Vengeance spec 404 stroker with a single precision 88mm, Once again it has been together with the turbo for about three months and makes over 1000rwhp!!! (Can't display my actual numbers due to some "grudging" going on lately ) FWIW it hasnt missed a beat, I pull my shifter with confidence! My powerglide is being built as we speak and I can't WAIT to put it in!!! People always need to make thier own decisions but If you ask my opinion I will tell you this, If ANYTHING at all goes wrong with your transaction with Lou, HE WILL FIX IT! THAT'S MORE THAN YOU CAN SAY FOR MOST! Is it a pain in the *** to pull your trans out when you have a problem? Yes! Is there plenty of other builders that don't stand behind thier work at all when you have an issue? Yes! This isn't one of them! Lou has been through hell trying to rebuild a reputation that got scarred from other's actions. All I know is this, I have plenty of friends with heads/cam/stokers/nitrous/etc.. that run mad-dog transmissions and I'm not gonna say there hasn't been a single issue but I'll say that not a one of them has come out of pocket a single DIME for an issue with thier transmission.

Not gonna type all night, If you're happy with your purchase from Lou, GREAT!
If you're not happy with your purchase, This guy will honestly go above and beyond to try and please you, But not if you sit around and "bash" constantly.

BE SAFE!!!

Charlie
While this may be the case I can say the same thing for Jim@Transformance and Jake Shoe and there is NOTHING negative about EITHER of those two ANYWHERE on the internet.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Believe it or not, It not a "sales Pitch" Its easier for me to talk to someone on the phone about there issue than it is for me to type it out on the computer. When I talk to someone on the phone I have a better sense of how I can help the situation.
The only thing you help with is to make people's wallets ligther while giving them stock transmissions back telling them they're beefed up. We bought one back in the day and same thing...Junk.

Quick Reply: shady maddog lou