Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBC with 4l70e or 6l90e?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BBC with 4l70e or 6l90e?

Alright guys, looking ahead to my next project after I sell my formula and trans am. I am looking at taking an 07 or newer silverado or gmc and replacing the engine with a gen vi bbc to make kind of a current home built 454ss. I have figured out how to make all the electronics work and make it fit so you'd never know that it was packing a bbc from driving it other than the power/sound. Mostly by fitting up sensors etc to the engine and utilizing all of the factory electronics.

However, I am stuck at the transmission would prefer a 6l90e because I have never seen that combo. I know the bell housing will bolt up just fine minus the one bolt and i've seen plenty of folks use the old style trans on the newer engines. What I am concerned with is the bbc starter fitting through the ls style bell housing, and the required flexplate. Maybe all it calls for is some cutting and welding on the bell housing. I assume the tq converter will be custom but I don't assume I will have a lot of trouble getting it done and will budget for it accordingly.

Any input appreciated.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

6l90e won't work because there is no independent controller available for it. You have to be using an LSx style engine with a 58X controller.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Launching!

It's not a problem to fit those electronics up to a BBC with off the shelf components. Take a look, there are bbc's out there today running with 58x controllers.

Quick Reply: BBC with 4l70e or 6l90e?