Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004r questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2004r questions

Hey guys , got a couple questions on my 2004r. After getting my driveshaft angles right yesterday, i took my 72 camaro out for a test drive. Coming to a stop a couple of times, the motor almost stalled. Like forgetting to push the clutch with a manuel trans. I have a b&m adjustable convertor lock-up on it, and had the dial set for early lock-up, but had not had this problem before i adjusted the driveshaft angles. Also, the other day i decided to kick it for the first time sense i put the car together, from hwy speed to see how the kickdown worked. it didnt. i think i have the TV set right because it shifts through the gears pretty well. Only odd thing about shifts are 1st and second hold for a long time at part throttle, then 3rd and 4th stift pretty quick. Am i off on my TV adjustment and whats the deal with wanting to stall at stops. Just a heads up, the stalling thing has nothing to do with the motor, because when the trans finally downshifts, it idles great. Thanks and happy new year.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It sounds like it is staying in lockup in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Did you possibly change or hurt the wiring going to the side of the trans when you were under the car?

Check the pressures using a 0-300 psi gauge to ensure proper TV setup. It SHOULD kickdown.

Can you post a pic of the TV cable attachment on the side of the carb, especially with a ruler fromt he primary throttle shaft centerline to the attachment stud?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the response. not sure how to check the pressure. Please explain. here is a pic of the linkage.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

http://jakesperformance.com/TV_Cable_Setup_Info.html

You attach a gauge to the pipe plug over the shifter linkage on the drivers side.
See link above for more info.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you! i will check on it and let u know. I really appreciate your help! Oh and Happy Newyear!