Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Years Tech Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke
It looks like the optishift is setup to read tps as 0-5v. The issue I have is my WOT voltage is LOW (~0.8v), and idle voltage is high (~3.55v). The optishift wants/expects the opposite (low voltage at idle, high when open). How do I combat this?
That may be a question for Baumann.
If the voltage is correct and "backwards" on the later model cars, we may have to have them reconfigured software wise.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestjunk
Here's another quick question for you. With my rmvb race built th400, when i'm cruising around in the pits in 1st gear can you let off to come to a stop or must you shift to 3rd even at 10mph just so you can let off the throttle? or say i back it out of my driveway and drive in around my neighborhood can i let off at low speeds or must you get it into 3rd every time before you lift your foot off the pedal?
You can lift in any gear without worry, you don't want to lift in low or 2nd and then stab the throttle again and allow the engine to " get a run" at the transmission while it is in overrun (freewheel) mode. You want to ease back into the throttle and let it "catch" again.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
That may be a question for Baumann.
If the voltage is correct and "backwards" on the later model cars, we may have to have them reconfigured software wise.
Figured out a solution and just used the potentiometer from the gas pedal (light blue wire out of the six). The resolution isnt as good (0.45 -> 2.8v) as the throttle body sensor, but it seems to work and drive okay.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke
It looks like the optishift is setup to read tps as 0-5v. The issue I have is my WOT voltage is LOW (~0.8v), and idle voltage is high (~3.55v). The optishift wants/expects the opposite (low voltage at idle, high when open). How do I combat this?
Check the voltage on the other TPS wire, it should be low at 0% and higher at WOT.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
Check the voltage on the other TPS wire, it should be low at 0% and higher at WOT.
There is no other wire. It works with the gas pedal (pretty well, actually) so I'm just going to leave it at that.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a question. In a 4L80E pump, when the boost valve is activated by torque signal fluid pressure from the EPC solenoid, that causes it to move against the pressure regulator spring correct?

What I'm having trouble understanding (and this could very well be because it's very late and my brain is cooked) is how does the solenoid control the fluid pressure leading up to the boost valve? I realize it's controlled by a signal, but I don't understand how a signal changes the pressure. If that makes any sense. Alright I'm going to bed, I hope this information will be more fresh and available in my head in the morning.