Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best warranty

Who offers the best warranty on auto transmissions? I'm debating on whether to be proactive and replace my trans now, or when it takes a crap down the road. car has 120k and fluid has been serviced at least once that i know of. The best warranty I've found is 6 months, which isn't worth it to me to replace early.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

We offer a year warranty on our units even for racing use.
However I wouldn't be sucked into the warranty as much as the reputation of the builder. A warranty is worthless if you have to use it all the time.
We back our products and most good vendors do, even sometimes when it's out of warranty or an installer error.

We aren't doing 4L60E's yet for shipping, only local customers but I'm sure that one of the other vendors here can fix you up or refer you to a good local builder maybe.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One year is pretty good. i understand completely that its more about the quality of the build than the warranty, its just that i used to rebuild transmissions at a gmc dealer so ive probably rebuilt 200-300 4L60Es and i know about all the issues they have, so i just don't want to have the trans crap out on me after a few months and be stuck footing the repair bill because its out of warranty.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jake nailed it on the head. 90% of the time a shop gives a big warranty because you will need it. We give a 90 day warranty on our units but we dyno every auto trans befor it ever leaves our shop. This way we know for a fact that it works propperly. But after that 90 days is up we don't forget your name. We are always here to support our customers.

Being in the business youself and building these transmissions for the dealership, you know first hand how these transmissions function. It takes a skilled builder to make one hold up in a performance application. Unfortunately local builders usually don't have the time to R&D these units to figure out the modifications required to make them hold up in a performance application.

We aren't the cheapest in the business, but our reputation with 4L60e transmissions speaks for itself. We build over 300 units a year and have the fastest 4L60e transmissions in the world.