Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Trans Cooler HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Trans Cooler HELP

I am putting a Converter in my 02 Firebird and installing a aftermarket trans cooler as well. Were I live, we have some pretty cold winters and I drive my car anytime there is not snow on the ground. So I am going to run the stock trans cooler in conjunction with the aftermarket cooler. I am wanting to run braided AN line for the whole system.

My question is, the stock cooler takes a inverted flare that treads in. Do they make an adapter fitting what will screw in the stock cooler and with a 6AN male for my braided line? If so, what is the thread size?

I know the common thing it to cut the factory hard line going into the trans cooler and slide a hose over it with hose clamps, but I don't like that setup. So that's why I am wondering if there is a fitting that will screw into the stock cooler that has a 6AN male flare. Much cleaner look and less likely to leak!

I did tons of searching but could not find a thread with this information

I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Teching In

I think it might be 5/16" inverted flare... Forgot to put that in my OP. So would a 5/16" inverted flare to a 6AN Male work for this setup?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-991946ERL

??
Old 02-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Teching In

i figured it out... Thanks for the help...