Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a4 to m6 question!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a4 to m6 question!!

i have 2 cars in front of me and there both 98s!! one is a six speed and one "my car" is an a4

my question is can i just swap harnesses with them both and be good and not have to wire in anything?? i havent seen anyone do this and im starting to wonder why??? someone chime in please!! we both have tunes and were both getting new tunes for our cars when the swaps are done just trying to save time and money! my harness is already out so if i can do that, thatd be saving time!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, if they are both 98s you can swap harnesses. 99+ are different. Most people (especially going from a4 to m6) don't swap the harnesses because it is a big pain in the butt when, on an a4 car, everything is pretty much already there for the m6 except for a little wire splicing. I'm currently in the middle of one right now.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Teching In

ahh okay yeah i figured that was why...i just had my harness out in 30 minutes tho so idk why more people dont just buy a harness yah know? ah well...let me know how yours goes..i cant wait to be an m6 lol the auto was just...boring..im sure with a stall it woulda been much funner!