Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350 no vacuum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default th350 no vacuum.

I put a rebuilt th350 on my 88 monte carlo ss and it will not shift. It just stay in high gear. I was told to put a vacuum line from the carb to the trans. I did and still no shift. The TV cable that run from the trans to the carb has a little slack in it but it is on the carb. When I pull the TV cable, I can feel it move like it is suppose to. Why will it not shift. I have a Mega Shifter B&M shifter on it. I need to ride man????: help!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

modulator valve bad?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is an issue inside the tranmission itself. What can you tell me about the build itself?

The vacuum modulator may need to be adjusted, but I doubt that's the issue if it's a fresh rebuild

g
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by fade380
I put a rebuilt th350 on my 88 monte carlo ss and it will not shift. It just stay in high gear. I was told to put a vacuum line from the carb to the trans. I did and still no shift.
Did you connect the vacuum line to a full manifold vacuum source? Make sure that you did.

Originally Posted by fade380
The TV cable that run from the trans to the carb has a little slack in it but it is on the carb. When I pull the TV cable, I can feel it move like it is suppose to.
There is no TV cable on a TH350. It is a detent cable, and it has absolutely zero effect on light/part throttle shifting (unlike the TV cable on a 700R4 or 200-4R). That detent cable is supposed to have some slack when the throttle cable is at idle, so this is not your issue. The only effect that this cable has on shifting is that it will force a downshift at WOT to a lower gear (if vehicle speed allows) and extend the automatic WOT upshift rpm to a higher rpm. You could completely disconnect it (mine is) and the trans should still shift normally under any sort of cruising conditions, though it might shift a bit early at WOT.

Quick Reply: th350 no vacuum.