Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! problem with shift cable and my TH400.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP! problem with shift cable and my TH400.

I'm in the middle of a th400 swap in my 00 SS. I've never had an auto or even looked at one before now. So forgive me if this is a stupid question. this is on a TH400 trans and a TCI outlaw shifter. ( RMVB) I have the trans in, the shifter in. ran the cable thru the supplied brackets. I set the cable end so it fits in the first hole on the shift lever on the trans when in 3rd gear and have the shifter in 3rd gear.(per the instructions) your supposed to take it out of the hole and put the trans in park and put the shifter into park and the cable end should fit back in the hole smoothly. well mine is off 1/4" i can figure out any adjustment that will make any differnce. I then set it up to fit in park and when you put it back to 3rd its off the same distance. is the shift lever drilled wrong? is it the wrong shift lever? wrong bracket? I cant figure out what would cause this.

heres some pictures of whats goin on.

2nd picture trans and shifter are in 3rd.
last picture trans and shifter are in park.
Attached Thumbnails HELP! problem with shift cable and my TH400.-cable-bracket.jpg   HELP! problem with shift cable and my TH400.-shifter-3rd-gear.jpg   HELP! problem with shift cable and my TH400.-shifter-park.jpg  

Last edited by midwestjunk; 03-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can drill a new hole in the trans bracket !
Old 03-30-2012, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that doesnt look like the lever thats on my turbo 400 at all! i never adjust it to park cause i have never driven my car in park.,i set it to third .

Quick Reply: HELP! problem with shift cable and my TH400.