Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e optishift issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4l80e optishift issue?

ive been messing with my optishift controller the past couple of days to try to get my speedometer to work and ive went through and checked the tune and everything seems to be correct but yet my speedometer doesn't work at all but all the other gauges work. My second problem, from 1st-4th I cant if I have a tuning issue or if I might have something wrong with my stall converter, idling around is fine until I start to drive, typically the problem comes in when im in overdrive driving normal the tranny almost seems like its bucking, now would this be caused by the stall converter being unlocked? the last problem in overdrive also feels like its bucking HARD under light throttle when I try to accelerate from 65+ the whole car just bucks and shakes ridiculously hard...is this a possible tuning issue or would this be a converter issue and if it is a converter issue how would I know if something is wrong with the converter without dropping it out?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I can work on the OptiShift tune from here for the speedo. I'll try to make a file and email it to you.

The bucking is likely the converter locking too early in the tune or the engine needs to be be tuned to work with the converter.

Did it all start when you started playing with the Opti tables?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

It started when I got it back, I guess I wasn't going fast enough in overdrive on the test drive because under normal driving id guess around 60-70's is where its bucking like crazy. So i tried doing the manual shifting and its fine in wot it almost seems non existant but as far as the tables I didn't change anything at least I don't think I did, when I uploaded the software on my computer and plugged it in while I was driving I noticed the software thought I had 3.55 gears so I changed that to 3.73 and the tire hight to 26 but as far as the tables I didn't change them I just have been going through the rpm and speed input tables to try to see if maybe there was something in the table that made it buck but I didn't notice anything unusual. Is there anything that I can do on my end to at least figure out the speedo for now Jake? Im taking it to get retuned Tuesday.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I turned off the speedo in the tune during the test drive. You'll have to go re-enable it and then try to calibrate it.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

ok I'll give it a try Jake thanks for the info, if I run into anymore problems ill give ya a shout.

Quick Reply: 4l80e optishift issue?