Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60e P0757 not shifting into third Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4L60e P0757 not shifting into third Help!!

Hi all, well I'm having this issues. I'll give some background. Turbo car with a Level-6 4l60e from FLT and a multi disk converter from circle-d(3400). Rather new with only about 2k miles on it and primarily road driven. Hasn't seen the track or a hard launch yet. Anyway, just got the car tuned for e85 and running on the lowest boost level of 10psi for about 580whp.

Yesterday, me and my brother in law were heading out to do some data logs I noticed that I had a CEL. I fired up hptuners and noticed it was the P0757 code. I've never seen this code before so like most codes I see for the first time I get a log of it and clear the code to see if it comes back.

We head out and do some runs and the car is shifting fine and holding boost. The car was tuned for 17psi but I'm just trying to get some logs of 10psi pulls so I'm not really pushing the car hard. We also are just easing into the throttle with no jarring launches. Anyway I get the logs I want and as we are heading back to the house we do one more pull which of course I already shut down the laptop. At the top of second the car started bouncing off of the rev limiter and then the problem came.

Now when moving out from a stop the car goes from first to second, and then when about 25mph or so the car rpm just goes up and the car just goes at the same speed. It never shifts to third. Like almost as if we are bumping the shifter into neutral or something.

I did some research and found that sometimes disabling the P0757 code will alleviate this problem. I went in and set all tghe P075X codes to unchecked-SES and No Error Reported. Saved the file and flashed the PCM. Started the car and drove a bit and still have the same problem. Could it be that I lost a solenoid in the trans?

Doing some more testing I found that using HPtuners to select a gear that third seems to be the problem. As I roll out I select second, the car shifts like normal into second. When I select third in hptuners it just revs to the moon and the car doesn't accelerate. Again almost like being in neutral.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

If you are gettinga neutral after 2nd but normal 1-2 shift it would seem you have a 3-4 clutch failure this would not be electrical

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 562 Likes on 396 Posts

What cubic inch motor ?
Old 11-11-2019, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,246 Likes on 871 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
What cubic inch motor ?
Hey...

I don't think the original poster is active anymore.

In the future, you can try sending the original poster a private message.
Instead of bringing an old thread back from 7 and a half years ago...

Quick Reply: 4L60e P0757 not shifting into third Help!!