Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revmax converter Track results!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

thats bad to hear. your actually the first one ive heard in 2 years of one having a catastrophic failure. sorry. i had my clutch upgraded myself so im not sure if mine has a better survival rate.
a few things i need to ask you though:

did you have your trans fluid switched out with fresh new synthetic fluid before running your stall to high hell?
did you break in your stall before slamming on it?
how many miles were on your tranny to begin with?
did you have a large enough cooler on it if having one at all?

not saying operator error or anything but your bases need to be covered before installing a performance part or disappointment will be inevitable. id also get ahold of revmax to see if they can at least refund you money or hell get you a replacment stall and get sell it later to get your money back at least. Ive had nothing but positive experience with these guys so id imagine they could help you out with this.

im sure the Vig or Yanks will give you the greater track results but for the price, revmax has done pretty good.

for me ive had my car on autobahn speed in excess of 100mph, punching it at that speed and going even faster up to 140 and all between speeds. trust me, i havnt been kind to my A4 and havnt had any issues. put about 3000 miles at least on mine.

id seriously ask them to fix it for you, and hell even get it stalled to 3600 for a little more kick in your car.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee12609
i didnt have such great luck with mine.

3200 with upgraded clutch. track performance is ok (i say this because the same stall speed yank,FTI,circle D will net atleast a tenth or 2 better), but the lockup clutch is trashed after a few thousand miles, filled the transmission with clutch material and now costing big money for a transmission and new converter. i wont recommend them nor run them again.

in their defense i will say i havent contacted revmax about it, but i really dont see the need as i wont put another one in especially behind a newly built transmission.
Well, first off if it is a converter issue, please let me apologize.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to blame the converter at this point. Unless your builder has X-ray vision the clutch material could have come from anywhere. Not until the converter is opened up can this be confirmed.

Now, we stand behind everything we sell here , PERIOD! If the issue does prove to be a converter issue, we would be happy to go back thru and clean your transmission out for no charge whatsoever! On top of that we will replace the item or if you would like upgrade you into a different converter that may suit your needs better..

Regardless, please do give us a call so that we can rectify this!
Thanks
Revmax
704-247-9781
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

^^^^^and there you have it! ^^^^^
these guys are on it, hell even are willing to fix up your tranny!
just like i said, great customer service.

on a service note, you guys do restalls? im starting to wonder if i should step up to a 3600 myself. you guys could even see what the results of autobahn speeds have on the insides of a stall and see how your kevlar clutch holds up lol

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 09-11-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Banned

Sure, we can restall your converter... Send us a PM and we can coordinate that for you!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revmax
Well, first off if it is a converter issue, please let me apologize.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to blame the converter at this point. Unless your builder has X-ray vision the clutch material could have come from anywhere. Not until the converter is opened up can this be confirmed.

Now, we stand behind everything we sell here , PERIOD! If the issue does prove to be a converter issue, we would be happy to go back thru and clean your transmission out for no charge whatsoever! On top of that we will replace the item or if you would like upgrade you into a different converter that may suit your needs better..

Regardless, please do give us a call so that we can rectify this!
Thanks
Revmax
704-247-9781
Wow! talk about customer service. How can you beat that?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

the converter has already been cut open. i would not post something like that based on speculation.

clutch and cover were tore up.

my cooler is big enough that on a 100° day logging the TFTS with hptuners and the TCC slipping the fluid never got over 185°.

now, i am not bashing revmax, it is almost expected with a 9.5" converter to eventually have clutch slippage on a daily driven car, which is why i paid extra for the upgraded clutch. i knew the risk when i bought the converter. cleaning the transmission isnt an option, its coming apart and i will not put another revmax converter behind a new transmission.

not bashing, just stating the facts in my case. i'm not looking for a refund or apology or anything else, i just prefer the good and bad be posted.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

well thats a shame, hope you have better luck with the next stall.
At least you have a sponsor here trying to rectify the problem and then some. Not too many performance parts shops do that.
All the best to you. good luck on your build.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

update, I did a mild 224/576 cam and a little street...seat of the pants tune. Car responded with 12.36@109.45 on a 95 degree day! was blown away, not that its that fast but most car there were running .3-.4 slower than they normally do.
unfortunatly, a few weeks ago I sucked up water, and spit a rod out of the block. No worries got a 6.0 with around 90K on it, put all my stuff on it, the car loves it. pulls a little harder in the upper RPM range.
As for the converter, I have over 10k miles on it now and still VERY happy. Two of my friends have bought them(one still working on getting it installed) there happy also. I cant say enough about it, any A4 car I buy this will be the first thing I do.

P.s as for my gearing, the is a reason SS is in quotations.

Quick Reply: Revmax converter Track results!