Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1/4L60e conversion computer issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1/4L60e conversion computer issues

I've done the Ls1/4L60e conversion into my '72 Vette and am having issue with the transmission not shifting. Engine runs great and I have 12v power to the pink wire of the plug from the computer to the trans, but the trans isn't shifting. Also, trans won't manually shift into first. It starts out in 2nd if I have it manually in 1st or 2nd. It will manually shift from 2nd to Drive. When I shift to OD if seems to shift into OD when I let off the gas at 55mph'ish but won't stay in OD, rather shift back into Drive. The car is at the trans shop now and they've hooked directly into the trans with their computer and was able to drive the car and get it to shift into all gears with their machine acting as the computer. My guess is my flash on the computer, done by someone local and not a business that does this all the time, is where the issue is. The trans shop is going to check all wires between the trans and computer, but I believe the issue will be in the computer flash. Any help guys as to what in the flash could cause the trans to act like this?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM

I've spoke with my computer flash guy and he says the only thing he turned off regarding the trans was the shift indicator...basically the signal that tells the dash cluster in the '99 Camaro what gear has been selected. In his program it calls this optional.

The computer is getting nothing from the trans...no VSS signal, no temp reading, nothing. Hoping its just a wire that has pulled lose, but just wanted to see if any of you had run across this with your conversion computer flashes.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Another tid-bit...the guy that flashed it did my harness as well. He says the PNP wire is just grounded out. This is what his program told him to do. Says this is just a neutral saftey wire.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM

Anybody???

Quick Reply: Ls1/4L60e conversion computer issues