Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e swap. wiring problems??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e swap. wiring problems??

OK guys I recently installed a 4l80e and 408 motor in my 99 camaro. Went from a T56. Was having the car tuned and the tuner mentioned the car would not go into closed loop in first, third, and fourth gear. It would however go into closed loop in second. I think he also said it was going into closed loop when the car was rolling/moving. What could the problem be? Could it be something I wired? I used the spear tech harness and wired the NSS and reverse lights to the micro switches on my ratchet shifter. I also used a relay and tapped into the output wire of the NSS for the PNP wire the PCM. I'm lost on where to start looking. Any help would be really appreciated.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could improper wiring of the pnp switch cause this? I'm going to check the micro switch on the shifter to check if it is not functioning properly. Not sure where else to look. I know a few guys who swapped to a 4l80e don't even run the pnp. I also just found out I don't have a TCC brake switch wired up. I know it is pin 33 on the pcm but is their already wiring for the brake switch in an M6 car or do I need to run a wire from the 12v on the brake switch?? Could this cause the problem?
Old 09-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Teching In

I have a 2004 chevy express van chassis with a 6.0L engine - got it with no trans - bought used one supposedly from 04 only to find was earlier 4L80E and tcm connections are not correct - trans has switch on side with 2 plugs - one 4 pin and one 7 pin - vehicle has one 10 pin plug - has anyone encountered this and how to wire? Found a repair wiring kit at electrical advantage , but do not know if I can cut and splice to mine , and even if possible , what to use for a wiring diagram?

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: 4l80e swap. wiring problems??