Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans cooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans cooler

I am wondering if anyone has ran this type of cooler and will it fit better than the traditional style I see a lot of people using? It's a specter from advance auto parts
the tube and fin style
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is your application?

I tried looking them up on Advance Auto website and I'd say just off seeing the product pages to get a more well established cooler. B&M, Hayden, Flex-a-Lite, one of those. I know some people run Advance Auto coolers but not those ones.

Hottest I've ever seen my stalled auto reach was 179 after 5-6 back to back dyno runs. I use a Hayden 679, I got it on sale for $53 shipped, normally they're $60-$75.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reason I was looking at these is because I have the slp ram air duct and I've seen people say it's hard to get them to fit and won't get enough air. I tried to put a link to what I was looking at and it wouldn't work, the pic either, and my phone spelled it for me. It's a spectre. As far as the car, it's just a bolt on car, headers, exhaust, slp lid and ram air, vig 3600, and abt to have a Texas speed 228r cam later this week. Mostly street driven maybe once a month or every couple months it goes to the track. The space is the only concern these coolers are around the same price as a B&M.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure how big the cooler dimensions are but look for a plate style the same size if you're sure that those dimensions will fit. My Hayden measures 11x11x.75 IIRC

Quick Reply: trans cooler