Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-56 for 4L60E swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 for 4L60E swap

I'm wanting to swap out my 6-speed for an auto with a big stall, but had a couple of questions.

1) The hole where the shifter comes through my floor, will I need to weld a plate there to cover the hole in order to mount the auto shifter? Also, how will I mount the shifter?

2) Is it pretty easy to remove the needed wiring harness for the 4L60E? What all do I need to grab off of the other car?

3) I have the BMR torque arm relocation bracket on it now. Will that work with an automatic or will I need to buy a new one?

4) Is the drive shaft the same length or will I need to use the one off the automatics car? I just have a built drive shaft already and don't really want to spend the money to have another strong one built.

Any advise and tips I could get would be really appreciated!!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

you will need to cover the hole and fab some mounts for the shifter to get the height correct.

the wiring harness is easy if the motor is out of the car, can be done in the car sure but getting all the connectors and grounds off the back of the heads sucks... inside the car wiring isnt too bad but is annoying lol

you will need a 4l60 mount get the bmr.

driveshaft is the same
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Launching!

got someone to swap with yet? if not pm me.

Quick Reply: T-56 for 4L60E swap