Sponsored by:

converter choices

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converter choices

Hey guys

Im having some problems deciding on a converter . I almost pulled the trigger and bought a yank . Emailed them and had good responses and help from them . Also email circle D , revmax and someone else i forget who lol

My setup is a 2000 ext cab s10 . It has a 5.3 with a on3 76mm turbo setup . I have a 4l60e with a 4.42 rear . truck is stock weight ,running ac and all . Should weigh about the same a stock camaro .Still in the building phase but getting ready to order my trans stuff

I know you get what you pay for but 800 bucks for a converter seems steep. The truck will go to the track once a month or so for street nights most likely . Is a billet converter necessary or will a cheaper revmax nitrous converter wok ok for mostly street use. was told the cheaper revmax wont work because of the weight of my truck but if im not mistaken my truck weighs about the same as a camaro or trans am

sorry if this post seems redundant but im racking my brain reading about each stall and there reviews

Also i seen a few used ones listed but that seems like a huge chance considering a higher stall was most likely beat on . Anyone have luck with a used stall ?

Quick Reply: converter choices