Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune needed with new converter?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune needed with new converter?

I'm new to the forum and have a question. We have a 2004 Corvette coupe with a Vararam, Ti exhaust, 160 thermostat, MT drag radials and tune from Chuck at COW. This winter I'm going to install a Yank PT4000 so that we can participate in some IHRA races this summer in Stock Eliminator (C/PS Pure Stock) and hopefully run under the necessary 12.75 index. My question is when I install the new converter will I have to have the computer retuned? The first tune was done again with Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester and we did it through the mail. He comes to Pasadena, Texas for dyno tunes when he can get away from New York and I'll definitely have that done eventually but in the meantime will I need to send the computer back to him for a mail order update? When I install the converter I'm also going to put in a good transmission cooler.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would recommend you retune the vehicle for that new converter, its always the safest thing to do, you can send him your PCM and he should take care of it. Chuck's LSX tuning is who tuned your Vette?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on driving it spiritedly with a new PT4000 yes, you'll want a retune to adjust shift points and other minor changes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tune needed with new converter?