Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!! Starter Binding up

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Please Help!!! Starter Binding up

Hey guys i need your help. Im done with my build but i cant seem to figure out why this starter keeps binding up. A little background is its a 95 240sx with a l33 aluminum block 5.3 with a Borg Warner S475 bolted to a Powerglide. Im using a 4l80e flywheel and a ptc converter. I started with a 5.7 starter and when id try to start it it would make an awful clunking noise like the starter was smacking the flywheel. Then i tried a 5.3 starter thinking it was different. Still the same result. Then i read up some more and saw that maybe i was suppose to be using a 6.0 starter with this flywheel due to the factory spacer. So i tried it and it work about 7 times with no issues while testing a couple things since it was my first start up since the build. Well i went to start it a couple hours later after i finished buttoning up a few things on the car and CLUNK! I tried it one more time and it clunked again. I looked under the car and it had actually broke the snout off the starter??? I also noticed it started a hairline crack where it bolts on to on the block. Im going to get the crack welded up before i try it again but i wanted to know if anyone could help me out with this. I have a new 6.0 starter ready to put in after i get the crack welded. Any help would be great guys!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And before anyone asks I have researched like crazy! Some other people kind of had the same issue but they never really got any good response nor did they figure out the issue really.

Quick Reply: Please Help!!! Starter Binding up