Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60E slips on interstate. Not just a clutch problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60E slips on interstate. Not just a clutch problem!!

Hope someone can help.
Just had my 99 ta trans rebuilt. ran like a wet dream. Then about a month ago it would slip cruising about 70mph. just like i was in neutral. i found that if i put it in neutral and let the rpms drop to idle and shift back into gear it would be fine for another five minutes or so. not limited to interstate driving but definitely more problematic then though.

so on interstate 5 minutes. cruising. not driving hard. slips like im in neutral. shift to neutral back to drive and no slip. about every five minutes.

When i get on it hard it dont want to shift i hit rev limit everytime. and its not a good hard shift. sluggish and slow about 2 or 3 seconds between shifts.( only when running hard.)

the shop that rebuilt it said after i took it back the second time said. they replaced a condenser valve?? maybe ? and said there was a spring laying in the pan. said it should be fixed. nothing better nothing worse second time i drive it. (i think he may have lied about replacing anything. i take it back two more times and he cant figure it out. any ideas? sorry if this is a little disjointed of a discription. i was pretty po'ed at the time of typing.

Quick Reply: 4l60E slips on interstate. Not just a clutch problem!!