Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E connector loose... help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L80E connector loose... help!!

well i got my motor and trans in my car and this last week while doing some stuff around the trans under the car, i grab the area where the main connector is and it moves..... like i can wiggle it around and push it in.

is this something that can be fix inside the car, through the pan? or does the whole thing have to come out?.... im no trans expert for sure.. so guide me please.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I assume you mean the electrical connector . Look carefully at the connector with harness unplugged you should see some tabs that hold it in , They could be broken from being hit or the connector could just not be pushed all the way to where the tabs hold. However the connector is part of the trans internal harness and can be replaced simply by removing the pan if needed.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

yea it might of gotten hit putting it in with the motor the connector hasnt even been hooked up yet.

thanks for the help its the best news ive gotten all day. i dont have to take it back out!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead...but if the main connector slides in and out does that mean something is broken and it needs to be swapped out? I am swapping my stock pan for a deep pan next weekend. So, if need be I can swap the harness out for a new one. This is on a fresh rebuild so I have no idea if it leaks or not. I have not even tried to plug my harness in yet, so I am not sure if it will push into the trans or plug in correctly.

Quick Reply: 4L80E connector loose... help!!