Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH350 to 5.3. What to do about the kickdown cable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 PM
LBG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH350 to 5.3. What to do about the kickdown cable?

Hey howdy LS gurus!

I'm in the process of sticking a 5.3 in a 72 monte carlo that I've had for some time. The 350 was fun but I'd like it to be a reliable means of transportation so I can have more fun driving it and less time popping the hood to see what's wrong THIS TIME. LOL.

Anyway. Thinking about reusing the old TH350 that's in it and I want to do it RIGHT. Shifting by itself the way an auto trans should since I'll be driving the car a lot.

I read up on the big thread about sticking a TH350 behind an LS1 and learned a lot but I have YET to find any straight answers about what to do about the kickdown cable.

So you guys who've ran a TH350 or 400 in your cars. What did you do about the kickdown cable? Is there a kit out there for that or will I have to fab up something?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 PM
zgp
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LBG
Hey howdy LS gurus!

I'm in the process of sticking a 5.3 in a 72 monte carlo that I've had for some time. The 350 was fun but I'd like it to be a reliable means of transportation so I can have more fun driving it and less time popping the hood to see what's wrong THIS TIME. LOL.

Anyway. Thinking about reusing the old TH350 that's in it and I want to do it RIGHT. Shifting by itself the way an auto trans should since I'll be driving the car a lot.

I read up on the big thread about sticking a TH350 behind an LS1 and learned a lot but I have YET to find any straight answers about what to do about the kickdown cable.

So you guys who've ran a TH350 or 400 in your cars. What did you do about the kickdown cable? Is there a kit out there for that or will I have to fab up something?

Thanks in advance
Your are talking two different things. The t350 has a cable for kick-down, the t400 use an electronic solenoid. both are activated by the throttle control. If you are insisting on using a t350 cable , it needs to connected to the pedal or throttle body.

Quick Reply: TH350 to 5.3. What to do about the kickdown cable?